Girls are capable of cracking asses and our list of games for girls is proof of that, as you can travel with an Umbrian Witch, a Witch and one of the Four Horsemen. Games aren’t for girls, so some say. And if they are, it’s just clothing and fashion titles, maybe some hyper-casual mobile game, but nothing more.
Well, we say enough of all this! Girls also want to have great adventures, shoot some crazy and fight. Sure, some people like lighter games for girls, and that’s right, but others want to make a bang. To quote the iconic Chaka Khan, “I’m every woman, it’s all in me,” which is why for our guide to the best games for girls, we’re covering all the basics. Here there is something for all tastes,
Games for girls Android and iPhone
1. Darksiders 3 . Speaking of a smashing girl, Furia stars in Darksiders 3, and she certainly lives up to the badassiness of her brothers – Strife and Death. In Darksiders 3, you and a member of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are on the hunt for the seven deadly sins. Furia is perhaps the baddest of the bunch and she can definitely make any player feel stronger – it’s nice to see a female lead with a bit of a bite.
2. Bayonetta 1 and 2 . Women aren’t weak and Bayonetta is a perfect example of just how tough they can be. The Umbra Witch is a queen that several members of the PT squad adore (especially Nathan and I). Bayonetta’s girl games are full of action, humor and sex appeal. What’s not to like? You can take the fight to the angels and make them escape with your weapons and your fabulous hair. We can’t say exactly how amazing these girls’ games are and we encourage all female players to try them out. If you do and discover a deep love for Bayonetta, you can check out our guide to the Bayonetta 3 release date to find out when you can embark on your next journey with the Umbra Witch.
3. The Sims Mobile . The Sims is for everyone, but the fashion and creativity aspect might appeal to girls with an interest in these hobbies. Plus, who doesn’t like to control every aspect of a virtual family’s life? You can play god or goddess, as the case may be, and dictate the success of a sim’s life. Or, they can make truly disastrous decisions that leave them little choice but to sleep on the floor just to have a moment of peace. My editor certainly didn’t enjoy removing the ladder from the pool and witnessing his Sims’ aquatic death …
4. Final Fantasy VII. The Final Fantasy franchise is one of the most iconic video game series of all time, thanks to its compelling stories, spectacular settings, and a cast of characters that boasts some of the smartest women on the gaming scene. However, for this list I have chosen my favorite game, Final Fantasy VII. There are many reasons to play it, as it boasts great storytelling and enigmatic characters, including Tifa Lockhart. Tifa from FFVII is a powerhouse on the battlefield. She might be the best party member you can have in the game, and luckily for you, she joins the team very soon. My editor made me add that Yuffie is actually the best character of all time and that’s not up for debate.
5. Dark Souls . Souls games offer the ultimate challenge, so why not go to Lordan and see if you have what it takes to not only survive, but thrive as you travel through these dangerous lands full of badass bosses who want to ruin your day? Dark Souls is an ultimate experience when it comes to difficult games and offers every player the perfect challenge if he feels up to it. However, if you have any difficulties, we are available to help you with our guide to the Dark Souls bosses. Or, for similar experiences, you can check out our list of free games for girls similar to Dark Souls.
6. Crash Bandicoot series . Platformers are one of the most loved video game genres and Crash Bandicoot might be the best of the bunch. Yes, I said what I said. If Mario and Sonic have a problem with this, they can get me out. Crash games are suitable for almost any player, because they are fun, full of charm and with many charismatic characters. All we will say is that the games are difficult! Especially Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time – they weren’t that hard in the 90s, right? If you want our humble opinion on what the best free Crash Bandicoot games for girls are, check out our guide.
7. Doki Doki Literature Club . Okay, this might be the best visual novel game I’ve ever played, and there’s an important message to be found in this title, which is why I think it’s a game most people should try at least once. However, I must also point out that this is a psychological horror game, which touches on delicate topics and which may be of concern to some players. So while I think it’s worth playing, it doesn’t come at the expense of your mental health. Take care of yourself first, but if visual novels and horror are your thing, look no further than the Doki Doki Literature Club.
8. Disney Mirrorverse . Who doesn’t love a little bit of Disney? The franchise appeals to kids, teens and adults alike, and the Disney Mirrorverse brings your favorite characters to life in a whole new way as you see them as guardians in an alternate universe. Here they must protect the world from an enemy known as the Fractured. In the game, each character from the Disney Mirrorverse falls into a different class than the Disney Mirrorverse, but they also have unique skills and talents. It’s up to you to put together the best Disney Mirrorverse team to kick Fractured in the butt.
9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. There are a lot of role-playing girl games out there and many are worth playing, but I feel The Witcher 3 is the best you can play on the Nintendo Switch. It presents a fantastic story that takes place on the Continent, a land full of monsters. Luckily, there are sorcerers who deal with these hideous creatures. Players take on the role of the legendary Witcher, Geralt of Rivia, in search of Ciri. During this journey, you will need to reunite your friends, including Yennefer and Triss, to help them save Ciri from the Wild Hunt. It’s a fun journey and there are several ways to go in terms of combat, so you are sure to find the right approach for you. Plus, it features a fair number of women demonstrating just how powerful our gender can be.